- Windows Media Player 128K
- QuickTime. 128K
- Real Media Player 128K
- iPhone, iTunes, Winamp, VLC, etc. 128K
Occasionally, when using the browser “Safari” from a Mac, this link will open in a “Text Edit” window: http://wusm-stream.usm.edu:8000/wusm
Copy that link. Open iTunes and click on the menu item labeled “Advanced.” Click the menu item under “Advanced” labeled “Open Stream . . .” A window will open labeled “Open Audio Stream.” Paste the link into that window, and click “ok.” WUSM should stream into computer with no problem. In fact, as long as you don’t delete that entry from iTunes, you should be able to stream WUSM by clicking that link in the future.
VLC player is great with a Mac, and does not require a browser to work!
1) Download VLC player from the link
2) Install it, man (or woman!)!
3) Under “File” in the menu bar at the top, click the selection labeled “Open Network . . .”
4) In the space labeled “URL” paste this link: “http://wusm-stream.usm.edu:8000/wusm? src=1&rate=1”
4) Joyously listen and rapturously enjoy Roots Radio 88.5!