More than just advertising!
In addition to gaining exposure for your business or organization, underwriting with WUSM also creates a positive image of you. Our listeners also contribute to WUSM and they appreciate you doing the same. Advertisements on commercial stations are thought of as annoying interruptions. However, public radio listeners don’t reach for the scan button when they hear your underwriting spots: they appreciate them as a vital part of the program they tuned in to hear…programming that they also support financially. Our audience recognizes that you are also supporting the programs they benefit from and can ONLY hear on WUSM FM and our 24/7 webcasting service.
Researchers have discovered these positive effects about program underwriting:
- 80% of public radio listeners say their opinion of a company is more positive when they discover that the company supports public radio.
- Over 70% of public radio listeners say that a company’s support of public radio is a positive influence on their decision to purchase that company’s products and services.
- 85% of listeners think businesses that support public radio do so because they are genuinely concerned about serving the public interest.
Commercial advertising may give you exposure to an audience…if listeners don’t turn the dial during commercial breaks. Public radio underwriting goes further by developing a positive relationship between you and listeners who share an interest in supporting unique programming.
For more information about underwriting, contact Lesley Sanders-Wood at 601.266.5188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(100% tax deductible)
1 month package:
3 spots per day = 90 spots @ $9.00 per unit = $810
3 month package:
3 spots per day = 270 spots @ $8.00 per unit = $2160
6 month package:
3 spots per day = 540 spots @ $7.00 per unit = $ 3780
This package comes with a free internet ad on WUSM
Run of Station Rate: $10.00 per spot
Welcome to the family offer:
Special 30 day package (90 spots) for $500.00! This offer is only available for new clients during their first 30 days of underwriting on WUSM.
1 week Non-profit Event: 20 spots, $100.00
Drive time scheduling
Spots for monthly clients will be broadcast during at least one drive time hour per day… more when slots are available (Drive time hours: 6am to 9am; 11am-1pm & 4pm-7pm). To maximize exposure, your spots will rotate through drive time hours (spots will also be included in weekend rotation). We will gladly work with you to provide the greatest coverage possible.
Your 30 second spots can be produced by WUSM or provided to us as an MP3 or WAV file at no extra charge
(spots must meet FCC guidelines for non-commercial radio stations).
Southern Miss Today
Southern Miss Today is a live news, public affairs, interview, and music request show airing at noon Monday through Friday during the Spring and Fall semesters. The show focuses on University news and events, but also covers Hattiesburg and the surrounding area’s civic and charity events. Sponsorship includes 3 promos daily on WUSM.
(billed $150 per month August through December or January through April)
Buzz in the Burg
The Buzz in the Burg is an entertainment calender that runs Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 9:30 p.m on WUSM.
Underwriting messages may not include:
- Price related information
- Comparative or qualitative claims
- Calls to action or solicitation of direct consumer response
- Incentives to buy
- Phrases promoting cause or point of view
Underwriting messages may include:
- Address and contact information
- Brief description of products and services
- Length of time in business
- Names of affiliated companies
- Previously established slogans